Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Raft Play Day 2

I spent my time gathering wood for a research table, and eventually built one. I was also attacked by a shark twice, and I looted two abandoned rafts. After researching what I could and gathering the resources for another grill, I built a planting box and started planting beets. I was coming close to starvation though, due to my fishing rod breaking as well as my hook. This forced me to grab whatever resources were nearby in order to rebuild my hook and fishing rod. I also built a sail so I could travel faster and in whatever direction I wanted, granted the wind was blowing that way. I built a bed as well so I didn't have to wait all night in the dark, but unfortunately sleeping drains some of your thirst and hunger bar. About five minutes after building the sail and expanding the raft, a huge storm blew threw and I almost lost the raft after being knocked off it.

I learned that you really have to manage your resources in order to successfully survive. i was caught in the heat of the moment and built a research table as soon as I could, but this used up all my wood and shortly after my hook broke as well as my fishing rod. A tip for players who build a planting box is two also build another water purifier, otherwise you'll be juggling your water between yourself and the plants. Another tip for the planting box is to water the plants when the box is full otherwise it requires more water, and also when you harvest the plants make sure to replant the crops instead of eating the two collected.

Tomorrow I'm going to focus on acquiring and building more advanced items; Unfortunately, this requires exploring islands so I'm going to have to build an anchor. I'm also going to invest in some collectors so I can have another means of gathering resources in case my hook breaks again.
   I extended the raft to a 4x4, added a sail, bed, research table, another grill, storage container, planter, cat, shoe, and a torch.

No comments:

Post a Comment