Monday, January 7, 2019

Raft Play Day 1

    As soon as I started I set my sights on collecting wood, palm leaves, and barrels for scrap metal. I knew that I wouldn't last long without water so my plan was to make a water purifier right off the bat.  Unfortunately it didn't go as plan and I accidentally made a grill instead of a water purifier so now I had to race the clock in order to avoid dehydration. After wasting more time trying to get the materials for the purifier a shark attacked and now my raft was getting smaller. Now I had a steady supply of fresh water, but now I was facing another problem, starvation. I was surviving mainly on vegetables collected from barrels, but it was not enough to survive. I noticed I could craft a fishing so now I had to gather resources for that. Now with a steady supply of water, I had to divide my time to fishing and resource gathering in order to survive.

   I learned that water should be your main focus, and food second. Only then can you focus on the other aspects like expanding and exploring. Sure the sharks attack your dwindling raft, and now you have only so much room on it ;however, if you waste those resources on rebuilding the raft instead of focusing on those resources you will die. Things always start out rough, and I learned not to trust land or other rafts. The first time I tried to explore another raft I made a paddle to travel close enough to climb it because I thought I could use it as a raft instead, but the raft began sinking and I was forced to return to my raft.

   Tomorrow I'm going to focus more on gathering food, and try to expand either the raft or my ability to collect resources. I was thinking about doubling up on the purifiers and grills so I can have more food and water readily available. If I am going to expand the raft I was thinking about expanding the sides more for resource collecting or making planters so I can grow food.


My Raft 3x3 with a purifier and grill

No comments:

Post a Comment